Re: RARA-AVIS: Reading Scott Turow?

From: Timothy S. Oliver ( CSEM@zianet.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2000

I liked Presumed Innocent at the time. Presumably, I was still pretty innocent back then. It was pre-Grisham and the Grisham-inspired flood of lawyer-thrillers. So it was somewhat unique at the time to me.

I read Turow's next book. Can't remember the name and don't care to. It was awful.

I also listened to a tape of one of his later efforts. It was so bad, it was laughable. 60's radicals become big shot lawyers and have to deal with each other in the 90s. Contrived, and ponderous, it was one of the worse stories I ever listened to.

Too many great reads out there to waste any time with this bum, IMHO.

Tim Oliver