Re: RARA-AVIS: Book Shopping

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2000

 Mark Sullivan picked up
>No Score by Chip Harrison,
> which is amusingly dedicated: "For Lawrence Block who is my favorite
> writer and who is as together a person as he is a writer and you can't
> get much better than that."

Mark, I like both No Score and its sequel, Chip Harrison Scores Again. They are very much like Catcher in the Rye in spirit. Chip could be Holden's cousin. They are of no mystery, let alone hard boiled, interest. As he had the Harrison character, Block used him as Archie Goodwin in his Nero Wolfe imitations. I think No Score is much the better of the two. One of the othef Marks