Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: McBain and Police Procedurals

From: James Rogers ( jetan@ionet.net)
Date: 14 Jan 2000

At 08:51 PM 1/13/00 -0000, you wrote:

>On the subject of Police Procedurals, a few weeks ago I picked up LAST SEEN
>WEARING by Hillary Waugh (the new Pan Classic edition) which I loved.
>Reginald Hill's introduction noted that the primary detective duo do not
>appear again, but another character, Police Chief Fred Fellows appears in a
>series of ten novels beginning with SLEEP LONG, MY LOVE. Can anyone tell me
>the titles of the others?

            I can't really call it hb, but I would say _Last Seen Wearing_ is the best police procedural that I have ever read. By far. I have a couple of the Fellows books in addition to the one you mention, but I can't seem to lay my hands on them at the moment. I'll keep on looking. They are not up to _LSW_, though.

                                     James