Re: RARA-AVIS: Ed McBain

From: Roy Epstein ( dortmunder2@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Jan 2000

--- abc@wt.net wrote:
> Ed McBain has written under many names, but Jeff
> Abbott isn't one of them.
> Jeff's a good writer and a fellow Texan, but
> hardboiled, he ain't. The
> two Gold Medal Books by Curt Cannon are about a
> private-eye named Curt
> Cannon. The Richard Marsten books aren't all of one
> type. One that I
> liked was EVEN THE WICKED, a title that Lawrence
> Block must have admired
> since he used it himself many years after the
> Marsten book was published.

My apologies, Bill, I got the first name wrong. McBain/Hunter did write a thriller under the name Abbott, however. I think the first name might have been Peter or John?. I believe the name of the book was Scimitar. It was written a few years ago. I remember Jon. L Breen reviewing it in Ellery Queen.

Roy