RE: Miami Blues (was RE: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford)

From: kip.stratton@ni.com
Date: 12 Jan 2000

Well worth reading, if you can get your hands on it, is Willeford's COCKFIGHTER JOURNAL, which documents his experience working with Roger Corman and Monte Hellman on the film version of his book. It's a slim volume put out in a limited edition, but it along with his privately printed memoir A GUIDE FOR THE UNDEHEMORRHOIDED are two of the jewels in my collection.

Also, the movie version of Cockfighter, starring Warren Oates as the mute narrator, is well worth seeing. And it's got Willeford himself in a small role.

Mark