Re: RARA-AVIS: Another Three-Time Winner

From: james.doherty@gsa.gov
Date: 12 Jan 2000

Ellery Queen won five, two for short story, one for radio, one Grand Master, and a fifth that might have just been a Special Award to recognize Dannay's and Lee's importance to the genre.

Dick Francis won two for Best Novel and one Grand Master.

Stanley Ellin won two for Best Short Story and one for Best Novel ( a rather fine HB/PI called *The Eighth Circle*). I think he might've also been named a Grand Master before he passed (if not he should've been).

I can think of several other two-time winners, but, off-hand, those are the only three-timers I can recall.

JIM DOHERTY