Re: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford

From: tstock@concentric.net
Date: 12 Jan 2000

Just for the record, I'm not going to correct or add to the results I posted giving the years of birth of Rara-Avis members (or at least of those who responded within a week or so to my question). I think the basic question is answered and yes, Mark, you were correct that "most" of you were born after 1958, but it certainly isn't an overwhelming majority. My count came up with 16 before 1958 and 19 after.

I have finished my first Willeford: The Shark-Infested Custard. While I can admire his skill, I have to say I wasn't impressed enough to want to run out and get my hands on everything he has written. Is this book Willeford at his best or are there others you would recommend more highly?

Thanks.

Teri