RARA-AVIS: Another three-time winner

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 12 Jan 2000

Jim Doherty wrote,
>Also his third Edgar, making him one of only two people to get three Edgars
>in three different categories (the other two categories are best novel '67
>and best short story in, I think, the mid-80s). The other three-time
>winner is Joe Gores.

For the record, there is another writer who won the Edgar three times in three different categories: best first novel, best paperback original, and best critical work. William L. DeAndrea won the three Edgars for KILLED IN THE RATINGS (first novel, 1978); THE HOG MURDER (paperback, 1979); and ENCYCLOPEDIA MYSTERIOSA (critical, 1994).

Would you know who are Edgar winners (plural) who won three Edgars in the same categories? No, it is not off-topic. (hint, hint) Sorry, no prize.

Jiro Kimura
********************************************* Jiro Kimura Kanazawa, JAPAN e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp The Gumshoe Site (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)