RARA-AVIS: News on Westlake

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 10 Jan 2000

Ron Clinton wrote:
>Does anyone know what Donald Westlake's new novel, THE HOOK (due out in
>March of this year), is about? With a title similar to THE AX, it's got me
>intrigued. And any word on the release date of his new Stark/Parker
>book...I thought that was due early this year as well.

THE HOOK (to be out on March 14) is a book about Wayne, a failed writer, who makes a deal with Boyce, a bestselling writer. Wayne gives Boyce his unsold manuscripts to sell as Boyce's books, and Boyce wants his wife killed before his expensive divorce. I will try to get an ARC.

FLASHFIRE, a new Paker book, will be out this fall, and the next Dortmunder book will be out next year.

Jiro Kimura
********************************************* Jiro Kimura Kanazawa, JAPAN e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp The Gumshoe Site (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)