Re: RARA-AVIS: Top Picks

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 07 Jan 2000

    As someone who discovered hard-boiled early but who didn't fall in love with much of it until the past decade, I have a list of favorites that includes some writers who write eclectically, moving in and out of noir land.

    True Confessions - John Gregory Dunne
    The Friends of Eddie Coyle - George V. Higgins
    City Primeval or Stick or Riding the Rap or Freaky Deaky - Elmore Leonard
    Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned - Walter Mosely
    A Simple Plan - Scott Smith

    (I know I cheated on 5 with the Leonard entry, but I couldn't help myself.)