RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: You're HOW old? and a few other comments

From: Pat Zeitoun ( pwz@tca.net)
Date: 06 Jan 2000

Bill Hagen wrote: Snipped
"In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead. (Someone stop me if the latter is a Burke best left unopened.)"

I'm an unabashed Burke fan so take what I say from this perspective.
"Electric Mist" is my very favorite Burke. It is his most controversial novel as well. Many people strongly reject the 'woo-woo' aspects of the novel. Some of us, especially those of us from the area he writes about find it spiritual and very in touch with the South Louisiana culture.

It takes a "willing suspension of disbelief".

Cheers,

PatZ