Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 06 Jan 2000

> I'm pretty sure it is The Money Harvest. - Crawdad Gilmore is killed while
> clutching his Washington Post.

Ann, You're right. I had looked at Money Harvest's first few paragraph in which he says he was not dead yet while he can move a toe. I had remembered it as a few pages describing a character who then dies. Typically, Thomas gives lots of information about a new character upon his or her apearance. That person may be a protagonist or may never appear again. For those of us who like his books that's part of his charm. It turns off those who don't. Thanks, One of the other Marks