Re: RARA-AVIS: Top Picks & Fred. Brown

From: Bleed272@aol.com
Date: 06 Jan 2000

Hi, Neil

> On another note, I think it's a shame that Fredric Brown's work, so often
> praised here, is hard to find now. I wish the crime novels would be picked
> up and reprinted, since I'm not a big "go out and scout for used books"
guy.
> Any ideas of who has the current rights, and who we might want to petition
> about that?

In fact, the moderator (James Roberts) is supposed to be meeting up for lunch tomorrow to talk about the list. I was going to ask James to pass along that very question: Why hasn't someone like Vintage Black Lizard snapped up all of Brown's novels?

I've been trying to collect all of Brown's books for a couple of years now, and, like Bill Crider mentioned, have had great success with abebooks--and more recently, ebay.

Best,

Duane Swierczynski