Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Harvest

From: Bruce Townley ( btownley@sirius.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2000

On Tue, 04 Jan 2000 at 20:42 Bill Crider sent: Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Harvest

[Bill asks about my cite of THE SOCIAL HISTORY OF THE MACHINE GUN]

>...was the machine gun book written by Bill Helmer? He was a college
>classmate of mine back in the olden days and went on to work as a Playboy
>editor for a while.

Couldn't say for sure. It's been over 15 years since I checked a copy of it out of the library. Was a pretty fun read for what was nominally intended to be a serious work of history, as I recall.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of crowds."

-Isaac Newton