RE: RARA-AVIS: eminence grisen formula

From: Pat Zeitoun ( pwz@tca.net)
Date: 05 Jan 2000

Bill Crider wrote:
"I've always wanted to be an eminence grise, but surely there are a few raras who are griser than I."

Well, I for one am, except that because of chemo, I am an eminence baldus instead.

I am a latecomer to mysteries although I read Spillane back in his heyday of course. I was never able to abide Science Fiction nor anything close to Romance. Thinking of it now, I realize my reading over the years, has jumped between periods and authors almost at random it seems. There were intense periods of Lawrence Durrell, Colette, Kazanzakis, and feminist authors. There were also years of non-fiction, philosophers, poets, and every art history book available.

I don't seem to fit the mold of the rara avis mystery reader. However, I am reading and enjoying the hb and noir genre more than I would have ever thought possible.

Cheers and be well,

PatZ