Re: RARA-AVIS: blown away - the results.

From: Bruce Townley ( btownley@sirius.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 at 03:36 Mark Blumenthal sent: blown away - the results.

>I know a couple of list members proposed our making a list of greatest hard
>boiled writers of the century last year and nothing came of it. Maybe I
>phrased my request to make it seem fun as opposed to the work of deciding
>who were the
>greatest.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into compiling this list, Mark. I think it's a really handy thing to have around. Was also impressed with the nicely turned way you put the original request, citing the impulse to get and read as many of the author's works as one could, after having gobbled down the first one. This is an important distinction and nicely describes one of the key motivations that keeps us reading this stuff.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of crowds."

-Isaac Newton