RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS HB women

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2000

First Ellroy apprehension, and now Vicki Hendricks again. Different tastes again, as I think IgLove was a good book. I like the way she told the story, like the writing. I think she's one of those writers that will have a strong impact on HB writing in this century. And that's just it: the impact will be later with another audience who don't mind these things Ellroy and Hendricks do that seem to tick so many off. Several writers who break rules and get readers mad at them now will have a huge impact on future crime writers. If I weren't sick with this rampaging cold/flu thing right now, I'd think of a few names. Maybe later.

NS