RARA-AVIS: Re: Hitchcock study

From: Paul Duncan ( paul.duncan@asml.nl)
Date: 04 Jan 2000

Dear Bill Hagen:

> Checked out Paul Duncan's Alfred Hitchcock @ the website mentioned, and it
> looks pretty good for the money (under $5?). But while amazon.com
> indicates a 3 week
> back order is needed, barnesandnoble indicates it won't be in US release
> till March
> (at which time it will cost more?). I hope it really is available sooner
> than March, since I plan to order it for my Film course, through our
> college bookstore (run by Barnes and Noble). Hope it stays relatively
> inexpensive too, since that last Hitchcock bargain, Spoto's Dark Side of
> Genius, is no longer available in its Ballantine edition.

The book is published and available in the UK. You can buy it from amazon UK (www.amazon.co.uk) who should be able to ship it to the US in time for your course.

The copies 'to be published' in America are the same books, but distributed by Trafalgar Books. It just takes time to ship them by sea from the UK to the US. I don't know what the price will be in the US. They are 2.99 UK pounds in the UK. Less if you order from Amazon.

I have already had lecturers in the UK tell me that they are using the books because they are compact, cheap, and lead their students onto other sources (books, videos, websites).

- paul