RE: RARA-AVIS: Thanks

From: Martha Fischer ( sakana@stlnet.com)
Date: 02 Jan 2000

what about patricia highsmith? several people have mentioned her...

martha sakana@stlnet.com <mailto: sakana@stlnet.com>

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of tstock@concentric.net Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2000 10:21 AM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Thanks

I'm sure you have discussed this long before I joined the list, but I was interested to discover there was only one female author on my long list: Dorothy Hughes. The reason they are missing among the classic authors is fairly obvious, but I am surprised more have not moved into this field in the last couple of decades.

Teri