Re: RARA-AVIS: blown away

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 04 Jan 1980

> Mark promises that he'll "post author totals very early in the next
> millenium." Why do you have to wait until after 31 Dec 2000 (which is the
> end of both the 20th century & the 2nd millenium) before posting the
> totals?
>
> JIM DOHERTY
>

> --
Jim, If you will notice my last post I agree with you, but we are overwhelmed. Even my wife agrees with the majority. Among her arguments is that a day begins at midnight or 12:00 AM, not 12:01. As you may have noticed, here in Chicago they did not wait that minute to begin celebrating the new year.

To get on topic, I have all the results tabulated, but wanted to wait a few days so I would have lists from rara avians who may be away from the holiday. Sneak preview: Chandler is just nipping Hammett with no other author close to the big two. It is pretty close for 3 - 7. Mark