RARA-AVIS: hb list

Charles Shafer (cshafer@chipsnet.com)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:08:36 -0600

A few have posted lists of hardboiled authors they couldn't get enough of. All excellent authors, for sure. I myself remember gobbling up each and every Chester Himes paperback. Elmore Leonard, too, but didn't see Leonard on any of the lists. I'm a bit surprised nobody else thinks that much of Leonard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start an argument. After all, to each his own, right? I'm just curious why.

Also, thanks for the Carl Hiaasen suggestion. I've golt his Lucky You. Kind of hard to follow, the way he jumps from character to character, but funny, and a good read.

charlie taylorville, IL