Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Voice-overs

Bob Toomey (btoomey@javanet.com)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:15:04 -0500

"Paul J. Giguere" wrote:

> "Bladerunner" is an example where
> voice-overs hurt the pace of the film. The director's cut of "Bladerunner"
> doesn't have voice-overs.

I agree. Apparently the voice-overs were an afterthought and a failure of nerve on the part of the studio. They were afraid people wouldn't understand the movie, so the voice-overs were added to explain things, although they never did get around to explaining the title. Anyway, the director's cut works much better for me.

BTW, The Phillip K. Dick novel that "Bladerunner" was based on is well worth reading, and has one of the all time great titles: "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

BobT