Re: RARA-AVIS: Amusing Book Titles

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:55:10 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 Mbdlevin@aol.com wrote:

> On the other hand, I was so amused by the title "The Leather Albatross" that
> I repeated it to several people. Bill Crider tells us it refers to a
> holster, which makes perfect sense. I wonder too if there is a little tip to
> that stone falcon from Malta (which perhaps hangs like an albatross around
> the necks of belated writers).

I didn't think it from that point of view. Maybe it brought bad memories of Richard Bach.. albatrosses hovering over the ocean, wisely, oh so wisely.. and then somebody shoots them!

Anyway, it was the best title I'd seen until
> you mentioned, "Dandy in Aspic." Now that's excellent. --Doug

What does it mean? Haven't read the book and haven't seen the film (with Laurence Harvey).

Juri jurnum@utu.fi