Re: RARA-AVIS: A Bunch of Books I'm Curious About

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:06:10 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 at13:26 Doug Bassett sent: A Bunch of Books I'm Curious About

>I found most of these in a local Goodwill. Don't
>neglect places like that when you're book-hunting:
>you'd be surprised what you might find there.

Always a good place to look, is your local thrift store, even if in a big city, and therefore prone to be picked over. In small towns one can guage the popularity of hitting the thrifts by the frequency one encounters telephone booth yellow page books that have had the page(s) listing the thrift stores ripped out by the time one gets there. Another likely place to turn up some titles that you can take a chance on is your local library sale. Low prices and, typically, a reliably randomized selection.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com
"Who is safe in home with TEENAGE WEREWOLF abroad, with streets under sway of BEAST WITH A THOUSAND EYES? People think these things are jokes, but they are wrong, it is dangerous to ignore a vision, consider Bane-Hipkiss, he has begun to bark."

-Donald Barthelme, "Hiding Man"