Re: RARA-AVIS: John Tiger and E.S. Gardner

John Woolley (jwoolley@dna420.mcit.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:41:27 -0700 (MST)

Juri Nummelin asks:
> And one more question: is there a Ed Jenkins short story with a name
> something like "Two One Dollar Bills"? The Finnish Yll=E4tyslukemisto
> (Surprise Digest) had a story with Ed Jenkins and that name, but no
> author's name. It should be pre-1940.

There is no Ed Jenkins story (at least by Gardner) with a title anything like that. The only ones whose titles look like they might refer to currency are "New Twenties" (Black Mask, April 1934) and "Hot Cash" (Black Mask, November 1934). So I'd guess the translator changed the title.

-- Fr. John Woolley