RARA-AVIS: Fredric Brown

hugh (hugh@pinn.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:09:41 +0100

Hi:

I just finished reading my first story by Fredric Brown, "Obit for Obie," in the anthology "Pure Pulp." I loved the story for several reasons, partly because it's about a newspaper reporter, which is my day job. Does anyone know if Brown's short stories have been anthologized? He has a wonderful ear for dialogue, and his prose is lean and hard. The intro mentions three novels, "The Fabulous Clipjoint," "The Screaming Mimi" and "The Far Cry," which I plan to seek out. Any others worthy of mention?

Hugh

stories of hardboiled newsmen are at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/8002/