RARA-AVIS: Le Cercle Rouge / video

southpaw@altavista.net
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:27:12 -0400

> le cercle rouge is available for rent in transfer versions from hip places
> like kim's underground in new york.

It is not officially available in the USA, so the only places to have it usually are specialty video stores which have oddball tapes.

For example, one of my fave video stores, Evergreen Video in NYC, has a video of Le Cercle Rouge whose English subtitles are overlaid on top of the video's Greek (!) subtitles.
   By the way, Evergreen Video specializes in noir films (also classic and foreign films) and it does a bang-up mail-order video rental business. It has been mailing videos across North America for well over ten (and possibly 20+) years. The shop is located at 37 Carmine Street in the East Village neighborhood of NYC, and the phone number is (212) 691-7362. They might have a web address, but I wouldn't know it.

I live not far from the shop and I occasionally take advantage of the store's neighborhood special: rent any 4 videos for 3 days for $13. There are special prices available for longer-term rentals by mail.