Re: RARA-AVIS: French films and Godard

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:03:27 -0800 (PST)

> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Mark Sullivan wrote:
>
> > Godard's Band of Outsiders (Bande a Part, from
> which Tarantino took is
> > production company's name, Band Apart) was an
> adaptation of Fool's Gold
> > by the Hitchens. I haven't read the book so I
> don't know how faithful
> > the film is, but it's a great movie.

Agreed for the film! One of the good Godards!

And you are right by saying "the Hitchens" because this one (Fool's Gold) was with the participation of Dolores' husband, Bert. I found 5 titles in total for which her husband was oficially credited, to form a pen duo. I unfortunately do not remember if I red this one, but I believe not.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384