Re: RARA-AVIS: le samourai and John Woo

Bob Toomey (btoomey@javanet.com)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:01:21 -0500

> > And "Bullet in the Head" is a direct rip-off, er homage, to The
> Deerhunter.
> > Brad
>
> I would disagree with this, but since I only seen The Deerhunter once, many
> years ago, I might be wrong.
> Thanks-Mark

I don't see "Bullet in the Head" as being much like "The Deer Hunter," other than it being set in Nam. It's also a lot more intense than
"Hunter," and is a better film in general.

By the way, we keep talking about Woo's hardboiled movies, but somehow nobody's mentioned -- "Hardboiled." I think this one wins the S&W filmmaker's award for the most bullets fired in public.

BobT