RE: RARA-AVIS: Coup de Torchon etc. and French films

Martha Fischer (sakana@netzero.net)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:01:09 -0600

if it's the same thing us un flic (a flic's story), it's totally impossible to find here any reasonable form. it's another melville work (the last one he did with delon, i believe), and you can get it in the US in a dubbed (and surely slashed) version called dirty money...to me it's worth it only to have SOME version of the film.

martha sakana@netzero.net <mailto:sakana@netzero.net>

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto:owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of Jim Beaver Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 7:12 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Coup de Torchon etc. and French films

While we're on this subject: I've been working on a movie with David Carradine, and he's been raving about an apparent French film noir with Alain Delon called PAROLE DE FLIC (aka COP'S HONOUR). I told him I'd try to find a copy of it on a viewable video (NTSC, I guess, for the U.S.) But I've not had the luck I thought I would. Does anyone know anything about the film itself or its availability. Or its literary source, for that matter?

Jim Beaver