RE: RARA-AVIS: Dick Contino and Lemmy Caution

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:03:58 -0500 (EST)

On 15 November 1999, Pat Zeitoun wrote:

: Woah podnah!!

Please, no music debates.

As mentioned, Spade Cooley, Dick Contino and Johnny Stompanato are (or were) quite real, and if they seem like perfect Ellroy characters it's because they could have stepped out of his books. I have a couple of Cooley CDs, and typed in a summary of his life from the liner notes:

         http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/9805/0053.html

Is there any news on his follow-up to _American Tabloid_? I think I may buy it in hardcover, even though it'll be enormously thick and very expensive.

Bill