RARA-AVIS: Re: Williams/Raymond

Paul Duncan (paul.duncan@asml.nl)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:11:05 +0100

> Hum. I have a book by one Charles Williams, called "The Wrong Venus".
> Haven't read it for ten years, but I don't think it's HB. So would
> that be the right guy?

Yep, that's the HB Charles Williams, but not a HB book.

> I've seen for sale a book by Derek Raymond titled Dead Man Upright. Is this
> one of the Factory books with a new title?

Yep. This is a Factory novel, and its original UK title. Don't know if it was published under another name in the US.

> I thought Derek Raymond was dead.

Yep. I did the last interview with him, printed in my book of interviews THE THIRD DEGREE:CRIME WRITERS IN CONVERSATION (No Exit Press), available from Amazon.co.uk or from noexitpress.co.uk

- paul