Re: RARA-AVIS: Larry Morse and Enchiladas

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 02:42:38 -0800 (PST)

The author's name, Morse, seemed familiar to me but I did not read '..Enchiladas' (by the way, first publication of this novel seems to be in 1982).

So I double checked, and in fact I found I was looking for one of his previous books, quite a long time ago, and could not find it. That was: 'The Old Dicks'(1981) for which I red very good reviews at the time, and I think the book even received an Award. It's the story of an old PI
(seventy over)and it was done (as per the reviewers) with some black humor in a novel with rather subtle developments...

Seems that after this one, he did less elaborated constructions in his other novels. So '..Enchiladas' could effectively be tongue in cheek.

Morse published 'Slease'(1985) with the same PI character as in Enchiladas, Sam Hunter.
 In my documentation I found that Morse wrote also under the alias of Runa Fairleight.

I however found no traces of his possible works after 1985.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384