Re: RARA-AVIS: Couplea questions

Bob Toomey (btoomey@javanet.com)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:54:38 -0400

> Lansdale is great, but not a writer for the squeamish.
> In fact, he can be quite brutal. I admire him without
> reservations, yet I have yet to understand where he's
> coming from, his world view. After reading his stories
> and novels, I always feel slightly uneasy, as if the author had hidden
> something.

 Interesting. I think Lansdale is one of the good guys, eternally on the side of the underdog and people with damaged souls. It's true he can bury a cleaver in your skull with stories like "On the Far Side of the Cadillac Desert with Dead Folks" and "Night They Missed the Horror Show." And he's sure as hell not out to win any prizes for political correctness. But for me his world view is crystal clear: "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

BobT