Re: RARA-AVIS: Couplea questions

Gary Warren Niebuhr (piesbook@execpc.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:22:58 -0700

>Has anyone heard of This Far No Futher by
>John Wessel? Any opinions?
>Mike Orsoe
>Webmaster
>Ultimate Bikini and Bikini-A-Day Page
>http://www.tsoft.com/~orsoe/bikini.html

I have read both books by John Wessel and I find him a unique and fresh voice. He speaks to my generation in a whacky kind of way, and he buries a lot of cultural references that we can have fun with. However, his quirky style may not be for all folks. He is a manipulator, and if you don't want to play the game, stay away. He also uses his Chicago setting like a master. Best, GWN

Bouchercon'99: the world mystery conference Mischief in the Midwest P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234
<http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/bouchercon99.html>