Re: RARA-AVIS: Spillane

Mark Blumenthal (blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:50:30 -0500

I read the early Mike Hammers in the early 60's. They were unbelievable but hard to put down. I know we have discussed this being true with other authors, but at the time it disturbed me that they all seemed basically the same book. For fear of revealing the endings to those who haven't read them, I'll just say you always know who the murderer is.

As to his later career, at one point he said he had no longer would write hard mysteries or espionage and wrote a series of books for children! Mark Blumenthal