RE: RARA-AVIS: Spillane

Tyler, Tom (Ttyle@herrick.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:11:01 -0400

Yes, Spillane is still alive, and yes he continues to write.

As I recall, his religious conversion coincided with the 8-year stoppage in his writing in the mid-50's. He came back with "The Girl Hunters" in the 60's, then tried the spy genre with Tiger Mann. I think the Mike Hammer renaissance brought on by the Stacy Keach TV series tickled a few more Hammers out of him in more recent years.