Re: RARA-AVIS: women noir writers

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:46:19 -0400

<<would anyone have suggestions regarding good up and coming women noir writers? and not the grafton/paretsky p.i. crowd either.>>

<<Vicki Hendricks and her first novel Miami Purity. She makes some interesting comments on Amazon.com about her book.>>

Vicki has a new one out -- IGUANA LOVE. Published by Serpent's Tail and distributed in the US by Consortium. It just landed in my "Read This & Write About It" basket and, since I've got a couple things on shorter deadline, I've had time to do little more than thumb thru it so far. At first glance, it looks like the same sort of near-pornographic, tough-girl 90s sunlight noir as MIAMI PURITY. Should be a lot of fun. PB