Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Red Harvest

Martha Fischer (sakana@stlnet.com)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:54:10 -0500

wow. that really, really surprises me, because i've always thought it very obvious that miller's crossing is unacknowledged glass key. i'd seen miller's crossing many times before i either read or saw the glass key, but i remember reading it and being completely stunned by familiar much of it was. obviously, the alan ladd film is much closer to the novel, but miller's crossing has always struck me as very sinificantly influenced, if nothing else, by the hammett novel (but not red harvest!)....anyone else?

martha