Re: RARA-AVIS: Fiddle City suggestion

Ned Fleming (ned@cjnetworks.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:20:44 GMT MT wrote:

><<I tried getting this awhile ago - in the U.S. the book is
>out-of-print. B&T and Ingram are both out-of-stock. There may be copies
>lurking in bookstores, or available in other countries. Drat.>>
>
>Well, that takes care of that suggestion. My impression was that
>Pantheon was pretty good about keeping stuff in print. The book is from
>1981, though -- which is an ancient scroll in this world of almost
>instant obsolescence.

Probably of no news to most of you, but the US FedGov doesn't give a
button for your wanting to read older works:

http://www.sfwa.org/bulletin/articles/thor.htm

They couldn't care less about literature, let alone spare parts for
machinery.

I wonder if Canada, the UK, and Australia have such punitive tax laws.
My guess, also worth a button, is that they're equally bad.

--
Ned Fleming
#