RARA-AVIS: Betr.:pulp covers

E J M Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:54:53 -0800 On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 Bill Denton forwarded a message from
Torsten_Widlitzki@lkca.de who wrote:

> Maybe a half year ago someone on this list mentioned a (his?) website
> with early pulp fiction covers . I lost my explorer-bookmarks, so
> please could you help me?

I don't have many URL's to hand (I think I have more on the other
machine) but there are quite a few sites with cover art. If I were you
I'd search the rara-avis archives for the URL yoiu misplaced, then try
"pulp" and "cover art", or probably better still, "cover art" +pulp in a
searchie like Alta Vista. Also, check out the newsgroup alt.pulp where
URLs and messages about cover art are posted frequently.

Here are some URLs--'cover art' rather than strictly pulp--to be going
on with; see how you get on with these and some searches of your own; if
you don't have much luck, post to the list again and I'll see if I can
dig out some URLs from my other browser.

Cover Art

Hard Boiled Maryland: Hammett, Cain, Gresham, Pelecanos
http://www.lib.umd.edu/UMCP/RARE/797hmpgW.html

Over My Dead Body : The Sensational Age of the American Paperback
http://www.books-rare.com/az_server.htm

Articles/Newsletters/Books/Catalogs Menu page
http://members.aol.com/MarkB45375/mark.htm

Tawdry Town main drag.html
http://www.users.interport.net/~xcentrik/maindrag.html

Writer89's Hardboiled Heaven
http://members.tripod.com/~writer89/

The Mystery Zone Mysterious Image Vault
http://www.mindspring.com/~walter/images.html

The Mystery Zone
http://www.mindspring.com/~walter/mystzone.html

Paperback Cover Art Illustration Display
http://www.ils.unc.edu/rarebooks/illustrators.html

ED