Re: RARA-AVIS: Eric Knight writing as Richard Hallas

Fred Willard (fwillard@mindspring.com)
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:47:20 At 08:49 PM 10/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:50 PM 10/2/98 -0400, Doug Levin wrote:
>
>>You Play the Black and the Red Comes Up, Eric Knight writing as Richard
>>Hallas--no one has talked at all about this book, though it did appear
>>on James Rogers' list
>>>

> I brought it up a long time ago and was met with a resounding
>yawn. Personally, I think it is a great, unbleievably funny parody of the
>James M. Cain style stuff. I have two copies of it in the lamented Dell
>mapback edition, but I think it is just a little hard to find (took me years
>before a friend ran down a copy). A shame, because I believe that most of
>the folks on this list would love it.
>
> James
>James Michael Rogers
>jetan@ionet.net
>Mundus Vult Decipi

I thought it was hilarious as well. It was reprinted by Black Lizard ten or
so years ago.

Half my books are packed currently so the scant information I have on
Knight/Hallas is packed with them but as I remember he wrote three books --
all quite different -- then was lost in a plane crash in the Amazon Basin.

Fred

#