RARA-AVIS: Himes Bibliography

Phil Beesley (PB14@leicester.ac.uk)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:52:08 +0100 (BST) On 1 Oct 98 at 9:41, MT wrote:

> 5. The Big Gold Dream by Chester Himes
>
> My favorite among the wonderful Harlem hardboiled fantasies of Chester
> Himes. This book perfectly integrates toughness, social criticism,
> tenderness, crazy humor, realistic dialogue, and a truly original prose
> style.

Mario and Michael Sharp both listed Chester Himes novels the titles
of which I do not recognise and I suspect that the books are
available under diferent titles. Can anyone provide a bibliography for
Himes?

For the benefit of UK readers: Allison & Busby reprinted lots of
Himes in the black jacketed series in the mid 1980s so most of h9is
work is available here second hand. There was also a non-series novel
set in prison (_If he hollers, let him go_?) and a long collection of
short stories.

Phil