Re: RARA-AVIS: Homophobia (Was: Val McDermid (was: British writers))

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 10:21:05 -0700 On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, James Rogers <jetan@ionet.net> wrote:

> I dunno, I think maybe I understand where Mari Hall is coming from
> on this (maybe not). I have no objection to books featuring gay characters
> but it sometimes seems that books which bear the label "gay fiction" tend to
> be like a long, boring political harangue.

Yes, I'm sure a lot of material marketed as 'gay fiction' is tedious
crap; but I did not get the impression from the original poster that she
was recommending this type of text. It was the assumption of ewveryone
else's homophobia that I was responding to.

ED