Re: RARA-AVIS: Dennis Lehane/Carl Hiaasen

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 11:16:36 -0700 Andy Hughes wrote:

> I finished the new Dennis Lehane novel, "Gone, Baby, Gone," this
> weekend, and it's one of the finest P.I. novels to come along in a long
> time. It's part hardboiled and part noir, but fully satisfying and
> original. For those who read "Sacred" and weren't impressed,
reconsider.

Yes, do! Gone Baby Gone was vintage "noir"; it makes me really take note
when someone who has not been "connected" with the police/pi field write
so conveniencingly. Ian Rankin, Peter Robinson, John Harvey all have
"it" and so does Dennis Lehane.

from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
#