Re: RARA-AVIS: Broadly speaking

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 11:55:35 -0400 At 10:43 AM 9/6/98 -0700, Mari Hall wrote:

>All you have to do is "avoid all (current = anything 1990 and afterwards
>and a few prior to that) women authors whose first names end in a
>vowel". Now of course this does not include my favorite Paticia
>Highsmith, but she wrote long ago, anyway if you just "be careful" maybe
>rather than "avoid" the women authors whose first names end in a vowel,
>you probably can't go wrong.

Deju vu ... a retired naval Captain that I work with said something similar
this week at work ... something about, don't we have anyone with a vowel in
their last name we can send to teach 'em some sense (there's little doubt
from knowing this gentleman he was referring to someone of Italian decent
and mafia affiliation) ... I immediately piped in with, someone like
O'Hara? Or does the IRA limit themselves to killing women and children?
Got deathly silent there for a moment ... the retired Captain being Irish
Catholic. Much like puppies if you rub a bigot's nose in it ... they at
least shut up.

----
volente Deo,

Anthony
jackechs@erols.com or ICQ #3717510
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

"I am an innocent man / Oh yes I am / An innocent man"

- Billy Joel
#