RARA-AVIS: Re. Administrative note: List-owner is back

ejm duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:13:33 -0700 On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, William Denton <buff@vex.net> wrote:

> I'm back from my holidays and am ready to tackle to backlog of
> RARA-AVIS messages that have collected.

Did you have a nice time Bill?

>(I had a very nice time, thanks for asking.)

> I understand there's been some rancorous discussion, which disappoints
> me.

The spikey atmosphere seems to have cleared now (you missed a period in
the list's history that'll be remembered till, uh, well till it's
forgotten, I guess; but it was certainly a phase to rank with the
episode of the cantankerous dude who came in to berate us all for a
while before unzubbing).

> Some people have unzubscribed from the list, and one person (a
> long-time zubscriber) mailed me to tell me why.

Can you let us have a damage report?

> If you have some
> problems with your e-mail, then notice you're not getting any new
> RARA-AVIS mail, it may be that I took you off the list. Try
> rezubscribing.

Uh, Bill, I think you may still be partly on holiday here: how can th'
doodz who *aren't* getting their regular fix of r-a read your
recommendation that they rezub ;-> ?

ED

PS welcome back :-)