Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Amazon.com Top 50 Hard-Boiled

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Sun, 07 Jun 1998 20:03:55 -0400 At 06:56 PM 6/7/98 +0000, Mario Taboada wrote:

>Who the hell cares about Amazon's classifications? They are a commercial
>entity with no interest in the art of writing or in the hardboiled
>subgenre. Let's not act like sheep. We know enough about the subject to
>form our own opinions without the help of "polls" (sorry, Kevin, no
>offense) or "best-seller lists". What Amazon lists is completely
>immaterial.

Sorry I asked ... it's not a matter of caring. I thought it would be an
interesting topic to discuss.

----
volente Deo,

Anthony
jackechs@erols.com or ICQ #3717510
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

... although I'm disappointed the show was canceled,
I look forward to moving beyond the stereotype.
Look for me in my new sitcom, "Two Girls, a Horse
and Some Wine Coolers". -- ELLEN DEGENERES
#