RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #306

Lawrence R. (goldensam@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 31 May 1998 19:11:48 -0400 Frederick Zackel wrote:

> Suddenly I'm in a panic because I can't find my autographed (&
> personalized) copy of Macdonald's Ceaselessly Into the Future (Capra
> Press, Santa Barbara)
>
> The panic has lessened--somewhat. I have found Macdonald's "On Crime
> Writing," (Capra 1973) which is autographed & personalized. I still
> cannot find "Self-Portrait: Ceaselessly Into The Future"

Fear not, and relax.. Inanimate objects do not have feet, and unless you have
a lunatic cleaning your premises who discards things not in waste baskets,
"lost" items are simply misplaced. I know from experience. I frequently
accuse the dog of eating my eyeglasses because I can't find them anywhere, only
to have the next person I encounter point out that they are on my head.

Dick Tartow
--who has been there and done that -- much too often.

#