Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #298

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Sat, 23 May 1998 10:21:28 -0500 (CDT) At 07:09 AM 5/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
mart-Aleck Killseries had Red Wind among the six.

>I guess I'm in the minority here, but I always thought Boothe was too much
>a bruiser for the role. I dunno, you get an image of someone in your mind,
>or in this case, a sort of body type, and it sticks. Didn't Chandler say
>Cary Grant would be his choice? I like the idea that someone rather slim is
>Marlowe, going up against all these gorilla-size thugs, and I guess that's
>why Powell is still my first choice. But the Boothe programs are pretty
>good, and supposedly a definite cut above the previous series in 1959-60
>with Phil Carey, which was evidently just so-so P.I. fare.

I'll join you in the minority camp. Didn't like Boothe as an
actor.Could have changed the series name to "Mike Hammer" and I couldn't
have told the difference. Missed Marlowe's humor, in my opinion. As I
recall, Chandler's character was an ex-football player, so the size of the
guy didn't bother me. Just everything else.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net

#